City of Subiaco Customer Service is now located at 19 Bishop Street, Jolimont.
Bulk waste collection just got more flexible and convenient with the start of the verge valet trial.
Subiaco - A one stop destination like no other for retail, leisure and business.
Did you know there is free parking in Subiaco every weekend, and every evening after 5pm? Plus, you can find $9 a day parking in 13 spots across the City?
The City of Subiaco offers incentives and assistance for owners of heritage properties, including a heritage advisory service and heritage grants.
Subiaco is a unique, popular and welcoming place. We celebrate our rich history, while embracing the diversity and vitality of the present.
Our public spaces and diverse local businesses contribute to a happy lifestyle for all.
The full vision, and how it guides City operations, is detailed in the Strategic Community Plan.
The subdivision of land in the state, including the amalgamation of lots, is controlled by the Western Australian Planning Commission (WAPC) through the Department of Planning, Lands and Heritage (DPLH).
The City acts as a referral body, providing comments on subdivision proposals.
General information, applications forms, submission requirement checklists and a guide to the fees payable for all subdivision applications are available on the DPLH website.
Built Strata applications (Form 15A/15C) are granted by local governments through delegation from the WAPC.
Further information and application forms is available on the DPLH website or by contacting the City's Planning Services team on 9237 9222 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City’s Planning Services team allocates street numbers to all properties within the City. Street numbers to new developments, subdivisions and amalgamations are allocated according to the Australian/New Zealand Standard – Geographic Information – Rural and Urban Addressing. Street numbers are also be reallocated under this standard.
The City will consider a street number change if a property is subdivided, amalgamated or if there are difficulties in identifying the property.
For more information or to request a change, please see the street numbering information sheet, or request for street numbering application form.
Compliance matters are managed according to Local Planning Policy 7.5 Planning Compliance.
If you are concerned a development is operating without approval from the City, or contrary to approved plans and/or conditions of approval, please notify the City.
All enquiries and complaints are to be made in writing to the City using the Formal Planning Complaint Form. You may submit your form by post or by email.
This information enables the City to contact you for further information, and notify you of the outcome of the investigation.
There are a range of resources available to help you undertake development in the City of Subiaco:
• Department of Planning, Lands and Heritage (DPLH) - DPLH is the state government authority responsible for overarching strategic outcomes within Western Australia. DPLH deal with subdivision applications, and identifying and conserving heritage places
• Landgate - Landgate is the Western Australian authority responsible for all land information and geographic data including maps and title searches
• State Administrative Tribunal - State Administrative Tribunal (SAT) is the government body responsible for reviewing local government decisions, including lodging appeals against council decisions
• Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety - the Dividing Fences Act 1961 deals with issues on dividing boundary fences which separate the land of different owners. Dividing/boundary fences behind the street setback line are not governed by planning controls
• Western Australian Legislation - the Parliamentary Counsel's Office website hosts Western Australian legislation and statutory information, including the Planning and Development Act 2005.
• Telecommunications in New Developments - If you are a developer or owner-builder, there are important Commonwealth telecommunications rules you need to comply with. For more information visit the link above.