Bins and collection days
Residents receive fortnightly waste and recycling collection services, as well as weekly FOGO waste collection.
For more information on general waste, recycling, FOGO waste, the City's bulk and green waste collections, and details on which items go in each bin, visit the sorting your waste page.
Find my bin day
The City’s Find my Bin Day tool lets you know which day to put out your red-lidded, yellow-lidded, and green-lidded FOGO bins.
If you are unable to access the tool, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance.
Enter your address in the online tool to find your waste collection information.
All City residents will have received a hard-copy waste calendar, which can be accessed online via these links:
If your bins were not emptied on their scheduled collection day, or you wish to request bin repair / replacement please complete the forms below.
To ensure the timely and safe collection of your bin, please ensure:
• You place the bin out by 6am on your collection day.
• Bins do not weigh more than 70 kilograms.
• Lids are closed to stop vermin scattering waste.
• Contents are free-flowing; do not compact the waste in the bin.
• Bins are not obstructed by vehicles or other items.
• To wrap moist/perishable foods in newspaper.
• To freeze smelly food before placing it in your bin.
• You return bins to your property as soon as possible after collection.
• To clean your bins regularly to reduce odours and deter vermin.