If you’ve been looking for additional open spaces in Subiaco to sit, relax, eat lunch or meet up with friends, you’ll love what is planned for the Subi POP (Public Open Places) upgrade program.
After considerable public discussion about the City of Subiaco Place Plan 2019–2022
and the MARKYT Community Scorecard 2019
, we learnt that the community wanted:
- Places to sit and connect
- Playful moments
- Activation and vibrancy in the town centre.
We’ve identified three spaces in the city centre that could use a little love, so the Subi POP programme will focus on Postal Walk, Forrest Walk and the newly named Station Walk above Subiaco train station.
The dramatic transformation of these spaces will include shade trees, new lighting, places to sit and play facilities, using native plants and sustainable materials to add vibrancy to the areas.
We would love to hear from you, so we’ll have four listening posts where community members can come and speak to us directly to talk about the Subi POP plans. The details are:
- Saturday 15 January, 8am 12pm, Subiaco Farmer's Market
- Monday 17 January, 11am to 2pm, Station Walk
- Wednesday 19 January, 11am to 2pm, Forrest Walk
- Saturday 22 January, 8am to 12pm, Postal Walk
You can also visit the Have Your Say Subiaco page
from 12 January to complete a short survey.