Subiaco Library Renovations
In recent years, the Subiaco Library has suffered from water leaks and rising damp. The City's engineer has identified a number of defects, associated with the age of the building, which need to be addressed.
In response to the defects identified by the City's engineer, and to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Library, the City intends to remediate and restore the external built-form elements of the building.
- Address the defects identified by the City's engineer
- Reverse poor design decisions, including the painted brickwork
- Preserve the building for future generations
- Replace the external hard and soft lanscape elements with elements that enhance the built-form and which are sympathetic to the building
- Illuminate the built-form through an appropriate external lighting display
Feasability - In progress
Implementation forecast 2022/2023
Project Lead: Jeremy Graf, Coordinator Capital Projects and Parking.