Youth Achievement Grants
The eligibility criteria for the City’s Youth Achievement Grants has been temporarily expanded to support young people during the COVID-19 pandemic. The following applies until the end of Phase 4 of the Western Australian Government COVID-19 restrictions.
Personal and professional development for young people
The Youth Achievement Grants provide young people with financial support for personal and professional development. Activities may include participation in events, competitions, community projects and education or training. Your participation can be in person or remote.
Individuals may apply for grants of up to $400 per annum to help with the associated costs including fees, travel costs, equipment, goods or resources, memberships or subscriptions, uniforms and project costs.
You can apply for a Youth Achievement Grant if the following criteria applies:
- you are a resident of, or attend secondary school, in the City of Subiaco
- you are between the age of 12 and 25 years (inclusive) on the first day of the activity
- you are participating in an event, competition, community project, education or training, or other activity which supports your personal or professional development
- your participation in the activity can be in person, remotely or online.
- The application must be received by the City prior to the first day of the activity, except in the case of purchase of goods, which will only be assessed with proof of purchase no later than 60 days from date of purchase.
Applicants may apply for the following funding amounts:
- $100 non-location based activity
- $100 within Western Australia
- $200 interstate*
- $400 international*
*Due to COVID-19 restrictions, applications for national or international activities will not be accepted until further notice.
Apply now for a Youth Achievement Grant
To apply, complete the Youth Achievement Grant application form. You will need to provide a letter of support or proof of participation from the associated organisation.
The Youth Achievement Grants are a rolling grants program, and applications can be accepted at any time until funding is exhausted.
If you are applying solely to support the purchase of equipment, goods or resources, applicants must provide proof of purchase and the purchase must be related to the above activity.
If you require a hardcopy application form or additional information, contact the City on 9237 9222 or firstname.lastname@example.org.