Understand what support and relief packages are available to you in relation to COVID-19 from the Federal and State Government and find out how the City is helping you get back to business.
Get involved this Christmas
Roam Subiaco this Christmas
This Christmas, the City of Subiaco is bringing an exciting calendar of events, activations and moments of joy to Subiaco’s town centre. Local businesses are at the heart of all the action, so get involved, join the fun, and share the joy!
Christmas window business grant
Get a $500 grant towards activating your shop window during the festive season. Eligible shop-front businesses can apply. Enhanced and active shop fronts help to attract residents and visitors to the town centre. Applications close Sunday 22 November 2020.
Free Social Christmas Sundowner
The City is hosting a free Christmas Social event for Subiaco businesses. This is a great opportunity to meet fellow business owners and celebrate the festive season together in an informal and relaxed setting. There will be canapés and one complimentary drink per attendee available on the night. Thursday 26 November from 5pm at The Village Bar, 531 Hay Street.
Promote your business
- See Subiaco is the City's destination marketing brand and may be a suitable platform to promote your business or offer. See Subiaco also funds a range of eligible events, through sponsorship opportunities.
- We are Subiaco is a digital campaign highlighting personal stories of our local business owners. View the video series or contact us if you have a business story you'd like to share.
- Get Noticed! with new or improved marketing and advertising materials. The City of Subiaco teamed up with local agencies to offer great deals for your business. Take a look at the exclusive deals and packages.
Entrepeneurs, innovators and start-ups
Innovation and global market program
This program is designed to nurture and accelerate creative businesses from concept to market success. The program includes specialised mentoring, events, local and global market access, investor ready training, pitch evenings and introduction to global investors. Read more.
To receive notifications please email email@example.com.
Curtin Ignition Program
The City offers two fully funded scholarships each year (valued at $3250 each) for this intensive, one-week training program. Curtin Ignition helps aspiring entrepreneurs, start-ups and innovators prepare and trial business ideas for the commercial environment. Subscribe to the business e-newsletter to find out when the 2021 program opens.
Grants, workshops and advisory services
Search the Subiaco Funding Finder to find business grants and funding available across Australia.
Business skills, workshops and advice
- Business Station offer free and low-cost online digital and social media workshops and business advice. View the full selection of digital online workshops or contact Business Station on 9398 6333.
- The Small Business Development Corporation offers free online workshops for all WA small business owners. Learn about cashflow, marketing essentials and how to run your business from home. Register online or contact the Small Business Development Corporation on 133 140 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Western Suburbs Business Association (WSBA) is a not-for-profit, member-driven organisation representing local business people with opportunities to build profitable relationships. See the WSBA's event calendar for upcoming networking events.
Cyber security protection advice
A free online, one-on-one advisory session for small, local businesses on how to protect your business from cyber security threats. This offer is a partnership with the Western Australian Cyber Innovation Hub and places are limited. To get started, complete the Cyber Health Survey.
Community business space for hire
Choose from a mix of spaces designed for small business with WiFi, modern presentation equipment, flexible furniture, free on-site parking, large green outdoor space and kitchenette. View venue fees and charges. The Subiaco Community Business Space is suitable for meetings, workshops, presentations, pitches or an office day away from your usual place of work. Find out more and take a virtual tour.
Subscribe to the business e-newsletter.
It’s the most convenient way for you to keep in touch with the City. Subscribe here and view previous editions here.
The City’s Business Development Officer is available to talk with you. To arrange a chat over coffee or find out how the City can support you, contact email@example.com to make an appointment.
Helpful links and resources