All food businesses wishing to provide outdoor dining must obtain approval from the City of Subiaco. For guidance, refer to the parklets and outdoor dining structures guidelines.
COVID-19 update: fees waived
In response to COVID-19, the City has waived application and registration fees for food businesses. To see which fees have been waived, download the schedule of fees.
Applying for an outdoor dining permit
Applications for an outdoor dining permit must be submitted to the city and include:
- a completed application form (PDF, 195KB)
- application fee – please refer to the schedule of fees
- certificate of currency for public liability insurance noting the City of Subiaco for its rights and interests (minimum of $20,000,000)
- colour photograph(s) of the proposed furniture and structures
- the proposed outdoor dining plan to scale including area measurements in metres. For your convenience, the provided graph sheet (PDF, 256KB) may be used. Please include the position of the tables, chairs, umbrellas, wind blocks, planter boxes and any other structures in the proposed dining area.
Transferring an outdoor dining permit
New proprietors taking over existing food businesses with an approved outdoor dining area are required to provide the following:
An outdoor dining permit is not required if the outdoor area is on private land. Please ensure you gain relevant planning approval from the City where required.
For more information on the City of Subiaco's outdoor dining requirements refer to the Trading in Public Places local law (PDF, 423KB), or call us on (08) 9237 9254.