Bulk waste collection just got more flexible and convenient with the start of the verge valet trial.
Subiaco - A one stop destination like no other for retail, leisure and business.
Did you know there is free parking in Subiaco every weekend, and every evening after 5pm? Plus, you can find $9 a day parking in 13 spots across the City?
The City of Subiaco offers incentives and assistance for owners of heritage properties, including a heritage advisory service and heritage grants.
Subiaco is a unique, popular and welcoming place. We celebrate our rich history, while embracing the diversity and vitality of the present.
Our public spaces and diverse local businesses contribute to a happy lifestyle for all.
The full vision, and how it guides City operations, is detailed in the Strategic Community Plan.
Street trading includes selling, hiring, or gifting goods or services, as well as displaying goods for sale, and 'street fundraising'.
All street traders must hold a valid permit. Fees and charges do apply, please refer to the schedule of fees and charges (PDF).
Owners of businesses based in the City may display goods on the footpath immediately adjacent to their shop, once they have secured a free local business display permit.
To apply for the permit, local business owners should submit:
• a completed street trading local business display form (PDF, 183KB)
• an accurate plan and description of any stall, table, stand, umbrella, or any other structure in the street trading area
• a copy of the current public liability insurance policy (minimum of $20,000,000), noting the City of Subiaco for its rights and interests.
External traders are applicants who are not proposing to trade adjacent to their existing business, including fundraisers.
To apply for street trading permit, external traders must provide to the City:
• a completed street trading application form (PDF, 155KB)
• an accurate plan and description of any stall, table, stand, umbrella, or any other structure that will be in the street trading area
• a copy of the current public liability insurance policy (minimum of $20,000,000), noting the City of Subiaco for its rights and interests
• payment of the relevant fees.
Private companies seeking pledges of future or ongoing donations on behalf of charities require a street trading permit to fundraise in the City of Subiaco. Fundraisers must apply for a street trading permit for external traders (PDF, 155KB)
Dates and locations available for street fundraising are limited. For a list of areas available for fundraising, and information on the City's guidelines for fundraisers, email the City.
Charities collecting cash donations in accordance with a Department of Commerce Permit do not require a street trading permit.
For more information on the City’s street trading requirements, please read the Trading in Public Places Local Law 2014 (PDF, 423KB), or call the City on 9237 9222.