The city owns and operates a number of carparks in and around the town centre, with parking initiatives that make it easier and more affordable to park and stay in Subiaco.
Free evening and weekend parking
Park for free at designated town centre carparks in the evenings and on weekends – with no ticket and no time limits. This parking initiative makes it easier to shop, dine and enjoy Subiaco. Free parking applies to the following six city-operated car parks:
- Barker Road (behind Westpac)
- Churchill Road (near Ticketmaster, off Rokeby Road between Churchill and Barker Roads)
- Park Street (between Crossways and the former Coles building)
- Forrest Square carpark (42 Denis Street, at the site of the new koala and kangaroo murals)
- Rowland Street carpark (70-90 Rowland Street, near the Salvos Store, between Barker and Bagot roads)
- Railway Road (Off Hay Street, next to the Subi XO development).
Locate these free parking options by downloading the free parking map. Please refer to signage on ticket machines for details.
In the streets surrounding Princess Margaret Hospital and King Edward Memorial Hospital, parking time limits apply.
Princess Margaret Hospital
The city provides a number of public all-day ticket parking car stations on the east and west sides of Hamilton Street, between Roberts Road and Subiaco Road, north and south side of Roberts Road between Coghlan Road and Hamilton Street, and Subiaco Road between Hamilton Street and Coghlan Road. A ticket must be purchased from the ticket machine and displayed on the vehicle between 8am and 9pm.
King Edward Memorial Hospital
Limited parking is available at King Edward Memorial Hospital. The nearest City of Subiaco car park is the Subiaco Theatre Gardens car park (between Bagot Road and Hamersley Road) with seventy bays. A ticket must be purchased from the ticket machine and displayed on the vehicle between the hours of 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday.
When parking in a City of Subiaco carpark please consider the following points:
- observe the signs as some charges may apply
- ticket machines display the expiry time as coins are inserted
- insert coins slowly, taking note of the expiry time, as change is not given
- ensure tickets are face up and clearly visible on the dashboard inside your vehicle
- if a machine is faulty, use the next closest machine
- please advise the city of faulty machines as soon as possible by calling 1300 187 603.
Subiaco carpark location map
The Subiaco carpark location map shows details of car parking facilities within the city.
Disability parking permits
The City of Subiaco supports the below parking scheme for vehicles correctly displaying a valid disability parking permit in non disability parking bays, in accordance with the Australian Disability Parking Scheme:
In a fee payable ticket machine area, a ticket will be required to be purchased and displayed, and double the time indicated on the ticket will be honoured.
In a non-fee payable time restricted area, if the time limit on the sign is:
(i) Less than 30 minutes, 1 hour will be honoured; or
(ii) More than 30 minutes, twice the period indicated on the sign will be honoured.
In designated disability parking permit bays, time restrictions and fee payable parking restrictions apply as per signage.
Transport, Access and Parking Strategy
The Integrated Transport, Access and Parking Strategy (TAPS) outlines the city’s vision for transport and access to services for the next twenty years.
The plan includes strategic direction for public transport, bike and pedestrian access, roads and parking. Download a copy of the TAPS here.
You can now pay for your parking session easily and on-the-go with the EasyPark app.