Thriving local businesses have a huge impact in building a strong community. That’s why the city has implemented ongoing initiatives that support local business including waiving alfresco dining fees, flexibility in planning policies and free weekend and evening parking.
Last week’s Subiaco Business Conference was another new initiative attended by 100 local business owners and operators. If you missed the inspirational presentation from Amanda Stevens on how to improve the customer experience, you can download a free copy of her eBook Turning Customers in Advocates, with actionable ideas you can implement immediately. Download your free copy at www.subiacobonus.com
An impressive line-up of experts shared practical advice, tips and improvements from customer service to digital media. Here are some of the top takeaways from last week’s Subiaco Business Conference.
Amanda Stevens, consumer trends expert:
Brooke Vulinovich from Villa Management, social media expert:
- The sum of the customer interactions that surround the product can be more powerful and influential in customer advocacy than the product itself.
- The path to purchase is no longer driven by brands and their marketing messages; it’s dictated by consumer interest and demand.
- The link between a better customer experience and increased revenue is undeniable – for most businesses, customer referral is the cheapest form of new business and one that delivers the highest value customers.
Chris Smoje, customer service guru:
- Use hashtags on your posts! Using just one hashtag gets an average of 12.6% more engagement than posts without.
- Plan your content one month at a time. Why? Because the internet changes so fast! Keep your content current.
- Focus on what your customer needs, not what your competitor does.
- Make a conscious effort to have customer service as an integral part of your business.
- Focus on having meaningful interactions with your customers.
- Leaders should use impactful methods to communicate the importance of customer service to the rest of the team.
Stay up-to-date with business news by subscribing to thec ity’s business e-newsletter