The city of Subiaco has been selected to participate in the Socially Inclusive Communities WA Program.
The twelve month program includes free training and development opportunities, in the area of social inclusion, for Subiaco community groups and clubs. The mentorship opportunities are designed to help organisations connect people at risk of social exclusion and better support people with additional challenges to participation.
The program includes:
- mentoring for up to four local sporting clubs and/or community groups
- training workshops designed for local community and sporting groups
- access for local community groups and sporting clubs to attend Social Inclusion Forums coordinated by Inclusion Solutions
- advocacy on access and inclusion matters as a representative on the city’s Disability Access and Inclusion Committee
- strategic development and networking opportunities through related events.
The city is calling for expressions of interest from community groups and clubs who would like to be involved. To participate in the program, contact email@example.com or call 9237 9304 and speak to the city’s Access and Inclusion Officer. Applications close on Tuesday 20 November.
This program is facilitated by Inclusion Solutions, a social enterprise that supports the works and objectives of Inclusion WA. For more information about the program, or Inclusion Solutions visit their website.