Today marks the start of free weekend and evening parking in six town centre carparks – with no ticket required and no time limits.
The city has introduced the permanent change to parking to make it easier for people to shop, dine and enjoy Subiaco – and it has arrived just in time for Christmas.
The tree is up in Forrest Walk, the decorations are draped across Rokeby Road and shop windows are filled with Christmas gift ideas.
Once you’ve crossed everything off your list, take a break at one of Subiaco’s many cafes, bars or restaurants – the city’s venues are the perfect place to catchup with friends or colleagues for a bite to eat or some Christmas drinks.
Free parking will apply at six City of Subiaco-operated car parks in the town centre:
- Barker Road (behind Westpac)
- Churchill Avenue (next to Ticketmaster)
- Park Street (between Crossways and the former Coles building)
- Forrest Square (near George’s Meze and the site of the new koala and kangaroo murals)
- Rowland Street (near the Salvos Store, between Barker and Bagot roads)
- Railway Road (next to the Subi XO development).
Free parking applies in designated city-operated car parks after-hours and on weekends. Please refer to signage on ticket machines.