The City of Subiaco is committed to thorough, transparent and fair recruitment processes.
Vacant positions at the city are advertised on the current vacancies page. Potential applicants should carefully read the position description before applying for the job.
All applications should include:
- the position title
- cover letter comparing relevant experience against the selection criteria in the position description
- current resume that includes the details for two referees.
Late applications will not be accepted.
The City of Subiaco values all applications and strives to ensure all candidates are given due consideration. As such, the recruitment process can take up to six weeks from date of advertising. Should you have enquiries during this time, please contact the city.
The recruitment process from vacancy to hire involves:
- Vacancy is advertised.
- Application and queries accepted until 5pm of closing date.
- Applications assessed against position selection criteria.
- Shortlist selected and contacted to attend an interview.
- Panel interviews are conducted.
- Referees contacted.
- Medical checks are completed for particular positions.
- Successful candidate notified.
- Unsuccessful candidates notified.
Candidates are invited to arrive fifteen minutes prior to their scheduled interview time. You will be provided with a copy of the interview questions for ten minutes and in this time you may read through the questions and take notes.
Your interview will commence with an introduction to the panel members, information on how the interview will proceed, an explanation of the role and a briefing about the city.
Before the interview concludes, you will be provided with an opportunity to ask questions and advised of when the final decision will be made.