Small Business Grants
Applications are now closed. Please subscribe to the City of Subiaco's Business e-Newsletter to stay informed of future small business grant opportunities or for further information please contact Economic Development on 9237 9341 or email email@example.com
In 2018, the City of Subiaco introduced a Small Business Grants program as part of its Economic Development Strategy. Economic Development isn’t just about money. It’s about what type of communities we want to live in, and how to make them economically robust and adaptable. This is why the Small Business Grants are designed to support activities that help businesses grow and develop and/or provide a community benefit.
Ideally, the City of Subiaco will help your business do both, with small business grants of up to $5000 available. The key documents that the Small Business Grant program relates to are the Strategic Community Plan 2017-27 and the Economic Development Strategy 2017-21.
Grants that are aligned with the desired outcomes stated in these documents will be viewed favourably, but a simple rule of thumb is that your grant should support an activity that:
- is innovative (or new to Subiaco)
- economically sustainable
- increases City visitation or diversity
- offers a public benefit.
The City of Subiaco Small Business Grants program seeks to achieve outcomes:
- Resulting in the expansion of current business
- Contributing to business diversity
- Contributing to innovation and creativity
- Contributing to the after-hours economy
- Providing information to the broader community about Subiaco
- Establishing a business in the City of Subiaco
- Providing long term benefits for the business and the City of Subiaco
All applications must be accompanied with a costed project plan. You can get project templates and business planning tools at www.business.gov.au. Your plan should include:
- A brief description of your current business.
- An explanation of what the grant will be used for.
- Financial details relating to the grant, ie. full project costings, other expenditure.
- How you intend to measure the success of the activity or project: how will it benefit you?
- How does your grant align with the Guiding Principles of the Small Business Grants program: how will it benefit the community?
- Your business must have a lease or occupancy agreement covering at least 12 months from the date of your Small Grant application.
- Grant funds cannot be used for normal operational costs (e.g. salaries, rent, utilities).
- My business project will not jeopardise public safety or damage the environment.
- My business has the appropriate insurances, permits and licenses by relevant authorities to undertake the activity or operate the equipment funded by this business project.
- If successful, my business will use the grant money before 21 June 2019.
- Grants will be provided as reimbursement for spending after approval of a Small Business Grant application by the City of Subiaco (not in advance).
- If successful, my business will participate in media opportunities relating to the City of Subiaco Small Business Grants program.
How to apply
Applications are now closed.
For further information please contact Economic Development on 08 9237 9341 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.