COVID-19 workshops and resources
Business Station digital workshops
Business owners now have an even wider range of Business Station workshop topics to choose from. View the full selection of digital online workshops here. Business Station is also running a C19 Biz Booster Series. These free interactive webinars provide general business advisory and crisis business advice relevant to COVID-19. Book your place using the links below:
Small Business Development Corporation (SBDC) workshops
In response to COVID-19 the SBDC's workshops are now held online and are now free (usually $20) for all WA small business owners, however registration is still essential. Topics include how to manage your cashflow, marketing essentials and how to run your business from home. See the full range of workshops and register.
We have gathered information from relevant partners and organisations to provide you and your business with tools, advice and guidance.
- The Small Business Development Corporation has developed a COVID-19 Commercial Tenancy Support fact sheet.
- The Department of Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business have developed a My Business Health COVID-19 page to provide small business owners with financial and Mental Health information and support.
- Western Suburbs Business Association have set up a facebook group for members.
- Business Station have set up a YouTube channel with recordings of recent business forums and interviews with the Hon. Michaelia Cash, Minister for Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business and Aaron Morey, Chief Economist and Director at Chamber of Commerce and Industry WA.
- The Restaurant and Catering Association has developed a Coronavirus hub. This page is regularly updated with information and resources.
- Business Swap Shop provides businesses with an opportunity to swap business services as payment for other business services. This is a great way to utilise another business persons skills during these challenging times.
- Facebook is offering $100M in cash grants and ad credits for up to 30,000 eligible small businesses in over 30 countries through their soon-to-launch Facebook Small Business Grants program.
- Google has announced $340 million in Google Ads credits available to all small businesses that have active accounts over the past year.
- Cyber-security is essential when preparing for COVID-19. The Australian Signals Directorate have provided some cyber-security guidance for businesses.
- New Industry Support Team to offer support and information for WA tourism operators.
- Australian Banking Association have developed a financial hardship information sheet.
- The National Debt Helpline has developed a COVID-19 financial survival guide
- The Australian Tax Office have set up a dedicated COVID-19 support and information page.
- The Federal Government's business.gov.au platform has introduced a COVID-19 information page for businesses.
- The Chamber of Commerce and Industry WA have launched a COVID-19 microsite. This site contains useful templates and tools to help you navigate your business through COVID-19.
- The Australian Government has launched a WhatsApp channel for COVID-19.
- A new online innovation hub designed to capture the ideas of West Australians is now live. iThink is a platform for the community to share ideas around the State's response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and have a say in what the future support that the government provides looks like. Visit iThink to get involved.
In the news