City of Subiaco - Subdivision, compliance & other planning matters
iconSubiaco WA – 14.3˚
Sunny. Mild.

Subdivision, compliance & other planning matters


Freehold (Green Title) and Survey-Strata Subdivision

In Western Australia, the subdivision of land (including the amalgamation of lots) is controlled by the Western Australian Planning Commission (WAPC) through the Department of Planning (DoP). The city's involvement in this process is one of a referral body that provides comments on subdivision proposals.

General information, applications forms, submission requirement checklists and a guide to the fees payable for all subdivision applications are available on the WAPC website.

Strata Subdivision

The city has the authority to deal with most forms of Applications for Approval of a Strata Plan.  Further information in this regard can be found on the WAPC website or by contacting the city on (08) 9237 9222. 

Street Numbering

The City of Subiaco Planning Services is responsible for the allocation of street numbers to all properties within the city. Street numbers are allocated in accordance with the “Australian/New Zealand Standard – Geographic Information – Rural and Urban Addressing” to new developments, subdivisions, amalgamations and also reallocation of street numbers.

The City will consider a street number change if the property undergoes a subdivision, amalgamation or if there are difficulties associated with identifying the property. For more information refer to the street numbering information sheet below.

Street numbering information sheet (PDF, 78kB)
Request for Street Numbering Application Form (PDF, 142kB)

Development Compliance

If you are concerned that a development may be operating without an approval from the city, or contrary to approved plans and/or conditions of approval, in the interest of fairness and accountability, all enquiries/complaints are to be made in writing (letter, facsimile or email) to the city, by filling out the 'Formal Planning Complaint Form' below. This information will enable the city to contact you should further information be required and to notify you of the outcome of the investigation. All compliance matters are dealt with in accordance with Local Planning Policy 1.6 'Planning Compliance'.

LPP 1.6 Planning Compliance (PDF, 162KB)
Formal Planning Complaint Form (PDF, 192KB)

Copies of Existing Development Approvals

For written development application information for a property, you can request a copy of the existing plans and approvals held by the city.  To receive these approvals you will be required to complete the request for planning approvals form and return it to the city with the applicable fee. This process may take up to 10 business days.

Request for Planning Approvals Form (PDF, 107kB)

Useful Planning Links

The following planning related websites that may be useful for people looking to undertake development within the City of Subiaco.

  • Department of Planning Lands and Heritage (DPLH) - The DPLH is the State government authority responsible for overarching strategic outcomes within the state of Western Australia, and also deal with subdivision applications.
  • Landgate - Landgate is the Western Australian authority responsible for all land information and geographic data including maps and title searches.
  • State Administrative Tribunal - The State Administrative Tribunal (SAT) is the government body which is responsible for reviewing local government decisions, including the lodging of appeals against council decisions.
  • Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety - The Dividing Fences Act (1961) deals with issues relating to dividing boundary fences which separate the land of different owners.
  • State Law Publisher - Official publisher of Western Australian legislation and statutory information including the Residential Design Codes (R-Codes).
  • State Heritage Office of Western Australia - The State Heritage Office of Western Australia deals with the identification and conservation of heritage places.