Building applications and forms
While social distancing restrictions are in place, in-person appointments are not available. You can still seek building advice by contacting us during normal office hours on (08) 9237 9222 or email@example.com.
Building services is responsible for the assessment and approval of building works within the City of Subiaco. A building permit is required for any building works involving the construction of structures, alterations or extensions and changes to ground levels.
These include but are not limited to:
- commercial buildings including fitouts and refurbishments
- residential dwellings including additions and alterations
- sheds, garages and workshops
- patios, verandahs, gazebos and pergolas
- swimming pools and spas
- retaining walls.
For further information on the types of permits that can be applied for, please refer to the following information sheets.
Application forms and schedule of fees
- BA1 – Application for Building Permit Certified (PDF, 57KB)
- BA2 – Application for Building Permit Uncertified (PDF, 49KB)
- BA5 – Application for Demolition Permit (PDF, 49KB)
- BA9 – Application for Occupancy permit (PDF, 37KB)
- BA13 – Application for Building Approval Certificate (PDF, 216KB)
- BA22 – Application to Extend a Building or Demolition Permit (PDF, 31KB)
- BA7 – Notice of Completion (PDF, 36KB)
- BA20 – Notice and Request for Consent to Encroach or Adversely Affect (PDF, 44KB)
- Construction Management Plan - Template for Small Projects (PDF, 172 KB)
- Demolition Management Plan - Template for Small Projects (PDF 175KB)
- Schedule of fees – Building services (PDF, 213KB)
- Request for Certificate of Design Compliance (PDF, 221KB)
- Request for Certificate of Building Compliance (PDF, 218KB)
- Request for Certificate of Construction Compliance (PDF, 220KB)
- Bond refund application form (PDF, 87KB)
- Application of excavation near and deposit of building material on a street (PDF, 85KB)
Copies of existing building plans
If you own a property in the City of Subiaco you are able to view or and/or obtain a copy of the plans and approvals held by the City.
To receive these plans you will be required to complete the request for property plans (PDF, 123KB) form and return it to the City with the applicable fee.
This process may take up to 10 business days and depending on the size of the plans on file, there may be additional photocopying charges.
For further information, please contact the City on (08) 9237 9254.
Development Site Bonds for Infrastructure and Verge Protection
If you are lodging a building or demolition application in the City of Subiaco, you will be required to pay a standard bond and an inspection fee.
For further information on these bonds, frequently asked questions and refunds, please see below.
If you have any questions regarding this, please contact the City of Subiaco's Operations and Environment Services on 9387 0942.
Summary of disability access Laws, Regulations, Standards and Guidelines
This document has been developed to provide prospective builders and developers with information regarding
state and national regulations pertaining to disability access. This document has been created as a guide and
is not a requirement for a planning application within the City of Subiaco. However, mandatory requirements
still apply to any development. References to legislation and Australian Standards are provided for the
information of the applicant.
Download the summary of disability access Laws, Regulations, Standards and Guidelines (PDF, 941KB)