Small business grants
The City of Subiaco is helping local businesses with small business grant up to $5000. With a small business grant you will be connected to an industry specialist who will help you develop an action plan to meet your goals. The City will provide financial support to achieve selected actions from your plan, and help you on your way.
The small business grants program provides assistance is in the following areas:
- Sales and marketing (not including advertising and promotion)
- Improvements to the physical appearance of the interior or exterior of the business premises (not including repairs and maintenance)
- Visual merchandising and signage.
All applicants receive a free customer 360 degree report just for applying, which will also be used as part of the grant assessment process. This report is a simple assessment of first impressions and the customer experience which is carried out anonymously by an industry specialist. The information within the report remains confidential between the City, the industry specialist and business owner.
To be eligible for a small business grant, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- business ownership based in City of Subiaco
- small business as defined by Australian Bureau of Statistics (fewer than 20 employees) and the Australian Taxation Office (Annual revenue less than $2million)
- GST registered or Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) registered
- agree to receive a customer 360 degree report
- has not previously received a small business grant from the City
- agree to participate in media and promotion opportunities.
How to apply
Small business grant applications have now closed. For more information, or to be notified when the next round open, register for the business e-newsletter or contact the City on email@example.com.