This page contains a list of organisations that provide a broad range of helpful services to the community.
- The Carer Gateway
- Carers WA
- Department of Human Services (see this website for information for grandparent carers
- Subiaco carer support group: this group is facilitated by Red Cross. It provides an opportunity for carers to come together to exchange information and ideas. Please call 1800 441 014
- ERConnect – this page contains real time search results of emergency relief services, with phone numbers, operating hours, and directions on the services available in your location.
- AskIzzy - you can search over 360,000 services to find housing, meals, healthcare, counselling, legal advice, and more.
- Entrypoint Perth 6496 0001 or 1800 124 684 – free assessment and referral service assisting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness in Western Australia to access accommodation and support options.
- Crisis Care, Department of Communities (Child Protection and Family Support) 9223 1111 or 1800 199 008 – telephone information and counselling service for people in crisis needing urgent help. Crisis Care can be accessed through the translating and interpreting service on 13 14 50.
- Homeless Services in the Inner City brochure - hardcopies of the brochure are available from the City of Subiaco library and administration centre, and can be requested from the City of Perth by organisations
- ABC Belong commit- The City of Subiaco is a proud community partner of the Act-Belong-Commit mental health promotion campaign that encourages people to become more proactive about their mental health and wellbeing. The campaign encourages everyone to do things to keep mentally healthy by committing to the Act Belong Commit guidelines for positive mental health.
- beyondblue – an independent, not-for-profit organisation working to reduce the impact of depression and anxiety in the community.
- Lifeline – provides access to 24-hour crisis support and suicide prevention services
- SANE Australia – a national charity helping all Australians affected by mental illness lead a better life through campaigning, education and research.
- My AgedCare- Government subsidised programs such as Home and Community Care (HACC) are delivered by a variety of service providers to support eligible City residents to remain in their own homes. For further information please visit the website or phone 1800 200 422.
- Community shopping bus- the City maintains close connections with organisations who can assist the City’s residents with a fortnightly door-to-door shopping bus service. The bus goes to Floreat Forum Shopping Centre on the Friday of 'pension week'. Numbers are limited and bookings are essential. Residents will be asked to pay a fee which may vary according to your circumstances. Other conditions may apply. For more information, visit SHINE Community Services website, or call 9253 5555 to make your booking.
- Volunteering WA
- Seek Volunteering Australia
- Go Volunteer
- Volunteer Resource Centre: Volunteer Resource Centres are run out of the Nedlands, Claremont, Subiaco, and The Grove (Peppermint Grove) Libraries. This one-stop service is staffed by an experienced Volunteer Resource Officer who can provide you with information about volunteering, local volunteer positions available, and can assist you to find a suitable role. Visit the Subiaco Volunteer Resource Centre - Wednesdays, 10.30am to 1.30pm, Subiaco Library.