For parents and children
The City has implemented some changes to upcoming events and programs in response to WA Department of Health’s advice regarding COVID-19. As a result the below information may not be current. Follow the City's COVID-19 updates here.
Programs for parents
Please subscribe to the Subiaco Family e-newsletter to be advised of upcoming workshops. Please note that Subiaco library has a comprehensive parenting collection. The City also works with the community to maintain the Subiaco Early Years Network, which holds quarterly meeting. For more information please contact the City on 9237 9216 or email email@example.com
Programs for children
School holiday activities organised at the library, Lords and other venues in the City. For details about these activities, check out the events calendar.
- Children’s adventure map is a great way to discover the rich history behind some of Subiaco's most well-known landmarks. Explorers hunt for clues along the trail to spell out a secret password. The map also includes plenty of quirky facts and fun activities to do. You can download the map here. Alternatively, you can pick up a copy of the map from the Subiaco Library, Subiaco Museum, Subiaco Administration Centre, and Lords Recreation Centre.
- Subi Kids Crew (SKC) that offers a unique opportunity for motivated children to develop their sense of civic responsibility and leadership, teamwork and communication skills. Members learn about many aspects of local government and civic affairs. They attend sessions once per term, such as sustainable gardening, junior ranger training, art workshops, selecting library books and more! Applications to join are open year round. To be eligible to join applicants must be aged between 7 and 11 years and live or attend school in the city.
Subiaco Library services
- Storytime is a story telling session for pre-schoolers, followed by a fun craft activity. During the school term, storytelling sessions for pre-schoolers are held on Tuesdays at 10.30am and repeated on Fridays at 10.30am. During school holidays, storytime is held on Fridays only at 10.30am.
- Baby rhymetime is for parents and their babies (aged two months to two years). These sessions will introduce the benefits and fun ways of sharing nursery rhymes and action songs with your baby. Baby rhyme time is held at the library on Mondays and Wednesdays at 10am. During school holidays, baby rhymetime is held on Mondays only at 10am.
- Children's book club. The library offers two book clubs: on the first Tuesday of the month for the eight years plus, and on the second Tuesday of the month for the six years to eight years. Both sessions run from 3:30 pm until 4:00 pm. Members receive a ten per cent discount off book club reads at Dymocks Subiaco. To join the children's book club, email Subiaco Library on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 9237 9300.
- Better Beginnings is an early literacy program coordinated by the State Library of Western Australia that aims to promote the importance of reading, rhyming and talking to your baby. Subiaco residents with children aged one year and under can collect a free book and parent kit from the library if they have not already received one from their local community child health nurse.
Play in the parks
To find out about parks that have play spaces please go to: https://www.subiaco.wa.gov.au/parks
Childcare, playgroups and schools
Please click here
for more information.