Rokeby Road upgrade
Page updated Monday 5 December 2016
The City of Subiaco is committed to the revitalisation of the Subiaco Town Centre providing opportunity for vibrancy and events and is pleased to announce the upgrade to Rokeby Road is nearly complete.
Visit Subiaco and enjoy the fresh new streetscape, shops, restaurants, cafes, clothing and homeware stores to name a few or simply enjoy your time strolling through Rokeby Road.
Scope of works included
The city's scope of works included:
- raising a number of car parking bays for alfresco dining
- multi-use lighting poles to accommodate banners and other overhead signage to sides of street
- improved street furniture
- integration of power access points for future community events
- upgrades to median strips including removal of sections of the median and new kerbing where appropriate
- road resurfacing
- removal of speed bumps
- installing bollards and planter boxes to median strips.
The city's budget for these works was $4.2 million.
Water Corporation works
For an update of all Water Corporation works in the city click here.
Site layout maps of Rokeby Road can be downloaded below outlining all elements from planter boxes to street lights.
Frequently asked questions
Download the Frequently asked questions – updated Tuesday 12 July 2016 (PDF, 150KB) for more information about the project.
The concept sketches below show new light and banner poles, planter boxes, bollards, flattened media strips and raised parking bays in designated spots to allow for alfresco dining.