Over the next twelve months, Subiaco will become home to a number of new businesses including small bars, cafes and restaurants, as well as large-scale developments.
The City of Subiaco is implementing a range of major projects and initiatives to support local businesses and increase visitation, including:
- a $4 million dollar upgrade of Rokeby Road streetscape
- the removal of outdoor dining fees
- more flexibility in planning policies
- a twelve-month trial of three-hour free parking in the Rowland Street car park, starting this December
- other parking initiatives including wayfinding signage, pay-by-plate machines, and the EasyPark mobile app
- the draft Subiaco Activity Centre Plan and North Subiaco Structure Plan will provide a framework for the ongoing development and revitalisation of these areas
- working closely with the Subiaco Town Centre Network, a core group of local business people who are addressing issues that affect the viability and vitality of the town centre.
For more information about what's happening in the town centre visit the Subiaco Town Centre page.