The City of Subiaco established Australia’s first inner-city Men’s Shed run by a local government authority in 2010.
The Shed, located at 363 Bagot Road, Subiaco, is used by the city and the Subiaco Community Men's Shed on set days.
With the encouragement of the city, the Subiaco Community Men's Shed became incorporated in 2012, to allow it more autonomy in the management of its affairs. However, in recognition of its value to its members and the contribution to the community in general, it continues to receive strong support from the city.
- having a place to be themselves and explore their interests
- being in a supportive environment and having other men to relate to and chat to
- having a place to exchange ideas and be heard without judgement
- having a place to teach and learn
- having a place to volunteer and become involved in worthwhile community projects
The Shed is a member of the Men's Shed Associations, both Australian and West Australian, the main voices for the 900 sheds that have been established around Australia.
There are safety rules for the Shed, and everyone using the Shed must partake in a safety induction.
For more information about the Subiaco Community Men's Shed, download the Frequently Asked Questions, (PDF 435KB), or alternatively contact Men's Shed via the following avenues:
For more general information about Men’s Sheds, visit the following websites: